Arts 4 Dementia believes that people living with dementia and their carers have the right to enjoy life to the full. Participating in arts activity, rekindling and learning new artistic skills enables them to bypass dementia symptoms and enjoy new creative experiences together.
We develop arts programmes to empower, re-energise and inspire people with early-stage dementia and carers through challenging artistic stimulation, to help them live better for longer in their own homes.
Our signposting website lists local arts events for people living with dementia in the community and dementia-friendly arts venues, serving both those looking for stimulation and providers.
Our early stage and dementia awareness training for arts facilitators enables them to deliver effective workshops.
A4D focuses on what people can achieve, often much more than they imagine.
What You’ll Find Here
A society where people with dementia regularly engage in creative activities, challenges and adventures and enjoy life to the full, in society, without stigma.
Arts 4 Dementia’s mission is to re-energise and inspire families affected by dementia, to restore their sense of purpose and joy in society through participating together in dynamic arts activity.
We aim to realise our mission through
- Arts 4 Dementia Best Practice Conferences and Seminars.
- Organising weekly Arts Events for person and carer at arts venues, covering Art and Design, Music and Dance, Poetry and Drama, Film and Photography, Outdoor Arts, initially around London.
- Signposting arts activities for person and carer nationwide.
- Campaigning and raising awareness of the benefits of artistic stimulation.
- Providing opportunities to Volunteer for Arts 4 Dementia and Get Involved.
- Providing information on Memory Aids, Resources, the latest News and developments in arts and dementia.
Arts 4 Dementia’s ambition is the establishment of widespread, continuing access to artistic stimulation that will enable people with dementia to live more fulfilled, active lives for longer at home and in the community.
Katie Derham, A4D Patron and BBC face of the Proms on the launch of Reawakening the Mind
Sir Richard Eyre CBE, A4D Patron and leading UK artistic director on A4D Drama workshops
Nigel Franklin, A4D Chief Executive – a 90 second introduction to A4D in support of funding for the new website (with thanks to Mycal Miller)