Posted: 17 July, 2019
Arts opportunities to empower people affected by dementia in the community
I’ve always loved this kind of thing but haven’t always had the chance.
– Participant, A4D Ceramics at the Garden Museum
The hardest part is getting out of the door – but it’s worth the effort.
– Carer, A4D Ceramics
A4D launches new A4D Sensory Story-telling through Illustration Workshop Programme with House of Illustration, starts Thursday 10 October
Posted: 16 July, 2019
What you can find on this websiteListings and maps:
- Arts Events to stimulate people affected by dementia in the community.
- Under Arts for Wellbeing, stimulating opportunities to help prevent onset.
- Dementia-friendly arts and heritage venues and locations.
- Resources for families, arts venues, care and social services, including our Listing of Dementia-Trained Arts Facilitators
- Arts opportunities by location and dementia need.
- Dementia-friendly arts and heritage venues and locations near you.
What we doArts 4 Dementia is a UK charity, working with arts venues to:
- Provide training and develop arts programmes.
- Empower and inspire people with early-stage dementia and carers through artistic stimulation.
- Help preserve fulfilling active life together, for longer at home.
For Arts and Heritage organisations
Artistic stimulation elevates people, their families and carers above the stresses of dementia. Stepping into an arts venue is in itself inspirational. A4D can help by:
Training for arts and heritage organisations
A4D invites arts and heritage organisations, artists (all art forms), arts students and healthcare professionals to attend our upcoming Early Stage Dementia Awareness Training day
Signposting your events or dementia-friendly site
These listings will bring your events or dementia-friendly arts or heritage site to the attention of many who seek them – and also promote the good work you are doing
Evidence and resources
Whether you are an arts facilitator, a carer or an individual recently diagnosed, this section provides useful links to evidence, organisations and resources.
A4D’s Reawakening resources can support your work with workshop case studies, outcomes and best practice tips:
- Reawakening Integrated: Arts & Heritage (RIAH), 2017.
- Music Reawakening (MR), 2015.
- Reawakening the Mind (RtM), 2013.
Posted: 17 July, 2019
Posted: 3 June, 2019
A4D Conference "Towards Social Prescribing (Arts & Heritage) for the Dementias, Wellcome Collection, 16 May 2019
Posted: 28 January, 2019
Posted: 24 July, 2019
A4D launches new Singing as a Chorus workshop programme with Songhaven & Hampstead Parish Church - starts 7 May [Now ended]
Posted: 28 February, 2019