A range of resources for arts & heritage organisations and for dementia care:
- A4D reports – arts practice for early-stage dementias:
- Reawakening Integrated Arts & Heritage: Regional models, with framework to integrate arts into NHS England “The Well Pathway for Dementia” (2017)
- Music Reawakening (2015)
- Reawakening the Mind: Best practice case studies and toolkit (2013)
- Arts facilitators’ (A4D trained) Contact Details:
- Get in touch with an arts facilitator near you who has attended our Early-Stage Dementia Awareness Training
- ArtsPAL Network:
- Proposed volunteer creative befriender scheme to accompany individuals to re-energising arts events on a weekly basis.
- Useful links:
- Age-related organisations – Dementia-related organisations – Arts in Dementia Care – Physical exercise – Carers – General health – Alzheimer’s-specific care – Mental health – Fundraising
Picturehouse Cinemas – Picturehouse Cinemas run dementia-friendly screenings across the country. The screenings are slightly adapted to ease the sensory impact. Find out here about locations and screenings.
- Further Resources:
- Including Alzheimer’s Society guides Becoming a Dementia Friendly Arts Venue and Dementia Friendly Screenings – Memory Aids – Books – Studies
- How the Arts can Help and