Would you like to see more arts opportunities for families affected by dementia in your area?
Can you help us put those looking for arts opportunities in touch with those on offer?
Would you like to support A4D through fundraising or forming a local group?
Or choosing Arts 4 Dementia as your organisation’s Charity of the Year?
If you would like to support A4D in:
- Doing what we can to encourage more arts opportunities for families affected by dementia?
- Ensuring that families affected by dementia know about arts opportunities in their area by having them signposted on the A4D website?
- Finding out about dementia-friendly arts and heritage sites in your area (which we map on our website)?
…you can become an A4D Ambassador. You can help us by:
- Finding out what arts events for dementia may be taking place in your area
- Calling arts organisations (or speaking to contacts) to find out
- If catering to elderly people and/or people living with dementia falls within their community engagement criteria
- If they are already planning, considering or may like to consider putting on events for people living with dementia
- Calling your local Alzheimer’s Society Dementia-Friendly Communities Co-ordinator to tell them that A4D supports the Dementia-Friendly Communities Programme by mapping local dementia-friendly Arts and Heritage sites
- Informing interested parties of the A4D website, and how it can let them know about local arts events for people living with dementia
- Reaching out to local dementia groups, and encouraging them to post their arts events on the A4D website
- Contacting local arts and heritage sites to discuss becoming dementia-friendly, with reference to the Alzheimer’s Society Guides: Becoming a Dementia-Friendly Arts Organisation and Rethinking Heritage
- Raising awareness of A4D’s Early-Stage Dementia Awareness Training for Arts Organisations
- Reaching out to individuals living with dementia, or families and carers, and encouraging them to attend arts workshops
- Community and fundraising: Call or email us to discuss ideas for supporting the charity in its work
This list is by no means exhaustive, and we really value your contributions and ideas!
If you would like to discuss becoming an A4D Ambassador, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Telling us about arts opportunities for dementia
Please download the template, fill in whatever you have and return it using the form below. Even one tip for the website or a person to contact will be welcome. THANK YOU!