Give 26 minutes to inspire people at home living with dementia
Click either banner to donate
Why we need your help
Arts 4 Dementia believes that people living with dementia and their carers have the right to enjoy life to the full. We develop stimulating arts programmes, and signpost dementia-friendly events, for people living with early-stage dementia to help them feel empowered, re-energised, and inspired – and to have a great time!
Things are strange for everyone right now, but for those living with dementia and their carers it’s especially challenging. That’s why A4D remains committed to ensuring we all stay creatively stimulated, even while at home. We are enabling people with dementia and their carers to engage in outstanding arts opportunities through interactive Zoom programmes. We are also training artists to deliver their own programmes across art forms and signpost these opportunities UK wide.
We need your help to continue our work and to bring the joy of arts to people living with dementia.
The 2.6 Challenge
With so many fundraising events cancelled or postponed, including the 40th London Marathon, many of the U.K.’s charities are facing difficult prospects. That’s why the organisers behind Britain’s mass participation events have launched a nationwide fundraising campaign – the 2.6 Challenge.
The 2.6 Challenge asks participants to take part in an activity related to the numbers 2.6 or 26, inspired by the 26 miles of the postponed London Marathon. At A4D, we are inviting you to take part in our very own #CreateAndDonate twist on the 2.6 Challenge.
We and those at home with dementia and their carers need your support. Read on to find out more about #CreateAndDonate and help us in our campaign.
CREATE, SHARE, NOMINATE, DONATE!
To support the 2.6 Challenge, Arts 4 Dementia is inviting you to take part in our #CreateAndDonate twist!
During this difficult period we have been inspired by the creativity that we have seen in homes across the country, and we are now challenging you to create your very own masterpiece in 26 minutes. Whether it’s a toilet roll sculpture, a dance routine, a piece of poetry or a painting, we encourage people of all ages to get involved, showcase your creativity and challenge your family and friends!
How it works:
- Create your masterpiece in 26 minutes
- Share your masterpiece on social media through a photo, video, timelapse or any other method! Don’t forget to hashtag #TwoPointSixChallenge and #CreateAndDonate and tag @Arts4Dementia
- Nominate 5 friends to take part
- Donate as much as you can spare to support Arts 4 Dementia. One off donations or monthly donations (monthly via Virgin Money Giving only) will be greatly appreciated. You can donate by clicking below:
Arts 4 Dementia will also be choosing their favourite masterpieces and sharing them on A4D channels, so make sure you give it your best shot! If you’re not feeling creative, don’t worry! We welcome any other alternative attempts at the 2.6 Challenge. Whether you fancy doing 26 laps of your garden, wearing 26 items of clothing, or simply donating to our cause, any help is greatly appreciated!
Ideas and Inspiration
Stuck for ideas for your own 2.6 Challenge? We’ve got you sorted with a list of exciting challenges to inspire you!
- Sketch or paint a self-portrait in 26 minutes (or in 2.6 minutes if you’re feeling confident!)
- Illustrate the alphabet – show us 26 beautifully illustrated letters, or draw something that begins with each letter of the alphabet!
- Create a sculpture out of your recycling waste in 26 minutes – from toilet rolls to empty shampoo bottles, get creative with your materials!
- Tell 26 jokes
- Create a dance routine to your favourite song in 26 minutes
- Write a poem about the view from your window in 26 minutes
- Create a playlist of your 26 favourite songs
- Create a 2.6 minute film using your phone where you, your family, or your pets are the star!
- Write your own play in 26 minutes – and perform it!
- Knit 26 socks
- Write and record your own song in 26 minutes
- Make an outfit out of 26 things in your home – you could use bed sheets, newspaper, recycled packaging… get creative!
These are just a few suggestions of things you can do – all weird and wonderful attempts are welcomed! If you don’t fancy a creative activity, then feel free to take on your own 2.6 Challenge. You could do 26 press-ups, a 2.6km run, juggle for 2.6 minutes, or do 26 cartwheels!
Let’s have fun, fundraise, and bring joy to those living with dementia!
2.6 Challenge Gallery
Here you can see some of the #CreateAndDonate challenges that our supporters have taken on.