Join us for a fully staged version of The Barber of Seville, specially created for those who enjoy a more relaxed opera experience.
If a full-length opera doesn’t feel like the right fit, our afternoon Access performances give you the flexibility and freedom to relax, move about as required, and have a fantastic time!
With Dementia Friendly values at their core, these shorter performances are open to all, whether you’re recovering from an operation, have breathing difficulties, have a young baby, are on the autism spectrum, are anxious about coming back to the theatre post pandemic – or even have a very loud laugh! They are designed to make opera going as easy and stress-free as possible.
Our Access performances run alongside the full-length performances. Groups are welcome.
"Great experience. We couldn't have been looked after better!"
– Running time 2 hours, including a 30 minute interval
– Narrator guides you through the story, with The Orchestra of Scottish Opera and a cast of singers
– Show includes the best-loved music from the opera
– Doors open 45 minutes before the start time – so there’s lots of time to get settled in
– Wheelchair spaces and extra staff on hand to help those who wish to transfer
– Brighter lighting levels than usual in the auditorium
– No need to worry about keeping quiet or sitting still
– Come in and out of the auditorium during the show
– Watch the live show on TV screens around the theatre if you need to
– Quiet areas available if you need to take a break
– Enjoy tea and cake at the café beforehand!