Our new accessible afternoon shows give you the flexibility and freedom to relax, move about as required, and have a stoatin’ time!
In the backstreets of 17th century Venice, Don Giovanni waits. Flitting from irresistible charm to brute violence in a heartbeat, he is the ultimate anti-hero – and he is about to suffer the ultimate reckoning. Mozart’s masterpiece is one of the world’s best-loved operas for good reason. Dark, atmospheric and bursting with life, it is full-blooded opera at its best.
With Dementia Friendly values at its core, this shortened performance is open to all, whether you’re living with dementia, recovering from an operation, have breathing difficulties, have a young baby, are on the autism spectrum – or even have a very loud laugh! – it\'s been designed to make coming to this favourite opera as easy and stress-free as possible.
'Great experience. We couldn't have been looked after better!'
– Running time 2 hours, including a 30 minute interval
– Narrator guides you through the story, with The Orchestra of Scottish Opera and a cast of singers
– Show includes the best-loved music from the opera
– Doors open 45 minutes before the start time – so there’s lots of time to get settled in
– Wheelchair spaces and extra staff on hand to help those who wish to transfer
– Brighter lighting levels than usual in the auditorium
– No need to worry about keeping quiet or sitting still
– Come in and out of the auditorium during the show
– Watch the live show on TV screens around the theatre if you need to
– Quiet areas available if you need to take a break
– Enjoy tea and cake at the café beforehand!
Find out more and book now at