Thank you so much to everyone who donated to the Big Give Christmas Challenge 2023. We smashed our target and raised an incredible £45,721!!!
We are thrilled to announce we have smashed our target for the Big Give thanks to all the incredible generosity of our supporters! This amazing result will support a fantastic programme of workshops planned for next year including Art School at Central Saint Martins, drawing workshops inspired by Holbein at The Queens Gallery, our continuing programme at Treehouse and many more!
What your donation supports:
- £10 covers art materials for one session
- £25 pays for one person’s place at a workshop
- £50 pays for someone with dementia and a companion to attend a workshop
- £85 pays for a training place, so an artist can change hundreds of lives
How will it help?
Your ongoing support and generous donations, no matter how big or small will help us to continue our work by providing:
- Free, engaging and stimulating arts programmes for people affected by dementia at incredible art venues.
- A sense of community and safe space for people to connect whilst learning something new and improving their wellbeing.
- High-quality training for arts and heritage organisations, artists, volunteers and sector workers who wish to deliver arts programmes to people affected by dementia.
Promotion of UK-wide arts activities through our events listing and continued efforts in social prescribing.
Thanks to last year’s Big Give…
In 2023 we began a new year-long arts programme for people living with early-stage dementia in Southwark. This programme engages people from the local community and introduces them to free arts opportunities delivered by local artists who have received our training. Working closely with local social prescribing teams, and other arts and heritage organisations in the borough, including Southwark Playhouse, we have been able to make a big impact in one community. Having reviewed the success of this initiative, we are bringing the programme to Camden in 2024. This year we have also been fortunate enough to run other inspiring programmes including, Discovering Georgian Fashion at the Queen’s Gallery, Buckingham Palace, a second collaboration with Cockpit Studios and enjoyed a third-year collaboration with the brilliant Fine Art students from Central Saint Martins.
From the Arts 4 Dementia team, we would like to say a huge thank you for your ongoing support. We simply wouldn’t be able to do the work without you!
Penny, Nigel, Roberta, Emily, Christina and Sharon.