NEW PROGRAMME: Art of Craft with Cockpit Studios, Jun 2 – Jul 28
Date: June 2 – July 28 (no session on June 23)
Time: 11:30am – 1pm every Friday
Venue: Cockpit Yard, Northington Street, London, WC1N 2NP
This workshop programme is for people experiencing early-stage dementia, mild cognitive impairment or memory challenges and their companions.
Arts 4 Dementia and Cockpit Studios are delighted to offer an 8-week craft programme with skilled makers from the prestigious studios based in Bloomsbury.
This exciting programme is in its second term! The programme is a chance for participants to try their hand at a number of new crafts including hat making, bronze casting and natural textile dying all delivered to you by the brilliant resident makers.
Each session will focus on a different theme and craft, inspiring the activity for that day. Participants will learn new techniques and use a variety of materials to create finished pieces.
At the end of the session, there will be a chance to socialise with light refreshments. No previous experience is required, it is all about giving it a go!
Please note the workshop is FREE of charge and all materials will be provided.
Reasons to join:
- Enjoy weekly creativity
- Make new social connections
- Develop and learn new skills
- Combat memory worries
- To participate, you will need to register by phone in advance.
- Numbers are restricted so, if you may be interested in joining us, please email email@example.com or call 020 3633 5401 as soon as possible.
- We regret that we can only accommodate those who expect to be able to attend all 8 sessions from June 2 – July 28.