Relaxed, friendly, free sessions for people for people experiencing Dementia at any stage and carers to get together, have some creative fun and a chat using online platform Zoom.
Our pilot programme is a series of 6 sessions where we'll connect together virtually, have some creative fun and share anything that you have been creating, listening to, or watching at home. No creative experience needed for these sessions, just a space for people to come together as a group.
Support with Zoom
We’ll provide support if needed by telephone to download and log on to Zoom prior to the session and will be available on Zoom before the session to help you log on and get familiar with zoom!
We'll also send out a Zoom easy access guide beforehand.
What materials do I need?
The sessions are designed so that you you will only need materials you have handy at home, such as pens and paper, old magazines etc. We'll send out creative packs with and additional materials for you to take part in the sessions such as glue and paints.
Who is running the sessions?
Sessions will be run by facilitator Lucy, and technical support assistant Alex.
What will we be doing each week?
- Week 1: We'll get to know each other, share and listen to our favourite music, and draw or paint to music.
- Week 2: We'll share favourite things about changing seasons, virtually visit some gardens from around the world and experiment with making some prints.
- Week 3: We'll play with textures and use inspiration from things around us and create textile art!
- Week 4: Favourite smells! We'll be creating aromatic prints and bags with dried lavender and any other favourite scents.
- Week 5: We'll virtually visit some galleries from around the world and chat about what inspires us!
- Week 6: Festive fun! Christmas songs and virtual mince pies and mulled wine!
To register, sign up via Eventbrite or contact Lucy on the details below for more information.