We are delighted to announce that this popular intergenerational programme, created in 2021 is back for 2022!
Learn or hone your skills with the best - all standards welcome.
Central Saint Martins, the UK's leading art and design college, and Arts for Dementia have teamed up to devise a series of practical art workshops.
Students from BA Fine Art will act as facilitators using skills and techniques developed during their time at Central Saint Martins. Art School is a space for creative freedom and communal making. These workshops will offer an Art School experience helping you to discover your inner artist.
We will be using both traditional and digital skills but no previous experience is needed. Participants will receive a tote bag full of materials that each week will be explored with exciting and unexpected results. The workshops will each start with a short group activity in which we will all make a collaborative work together followed by a longer individual activity making alongside one another in smaller break-out groups.
Join us and become an Art Student for a term!
In the course of the programme, participants with early-stage dementia or mild cognative impairment and their companions will be working via Zoom with the potential of one or two sessions held at the University in Kings Cross, depending on current restrictions. You will be working on either one or two visual art projects, under the inspired guidance of the students and their Programme Director for Art, Alex Schady, all working closely with A4D.
Participants are asked to attend:
- all 8 (Project 1 & 2) sessions from February 4; OR - if joining later -
- all 5 (Project 2) sessions from February 25, when we can take additional participants.
Programme dates: (Friday afternoons)
- Project 1: February 4, 11, 18
- Project 2: February 25, March 4,11,18, 25
The sessions run from 3 PM - 5 PM. Participants will be invited to join us on Zoom from 2.55 PM.
You will be provided with a link following registration.
- This workshop series is for people with early-stage dementia or mild cognative impairment, each with a companion.
- To participate, you will need to register by phone in advance.
- Numbers are restricted so, if you may be interested in joining us, please email email@example.com or call 020 3633 9954 as soon as possible.
- We regret that we can only accommodate those who expect to be able to attend all 8 sessions or all 5 from February 25.
- You will need a Zoom connection. [Call A4D if you would like some help with this.]
- Art materials will be provided.
We very much look forward to seeing you on the programme!
About Central Saint Martins
Central Saint Martins is an art and design college and part of the University of the Arts London. The College’s alumni include artists and designers who have challenged and shaped the world around us.