Intergenerational Music Making aims to bridge the gap between generations using the power of music and art to tackle loneliness, social isolation and improve the wellbeing and mental health of both the young and the old.
We launched our Care to Create campaign as our response to the pandemic. We are determined to keep intergenerational relationships strong and creative. Covid-19 has hindered our ability to offer the lifeline many of our clients rely on. Therefore, we want to continue to encourage people to be creative and ensure they are nurtured and supported emotionally, mentally and physically.
Our Care to Create online hub offers the following:
- Music Therapy sessions for those in need/suffering with isolation
- 1:1 therapy sessions for all ages and those in need, offering personal support and resources
- Early years music making sessions for early years and families
- Fun and engaging vocal workshops for all ages
- Educational and musically stimulating sessions for all ages
- Classic piano and flute concerts
- Bedtime stories
- Yoga and music for tots and armchair yoga elders especially aimed at those in the care homes or at home isolated.
- Art/ drawing activities
- Old Classics sing-a-longs for care home residents and those in the community in isolation and those on the wards
- Artistic resources for those living with Dementia and their carers.
We want everyone to feel valued, supported and comfortable to create.
You can find out more information about Care to Create on our website.
If you would like to get involved, please contact us at email@example.com.