Opportunity: A4D seeks new Honorary Treasurer
Arts 4 Dementia is a small incorporated charity, with a turnover circa £175k and four staff. It seeks an Honorary Treasurer to:
- Oversee accounting and financial reporting, producing routine management accounts for the CEO and Board.
- Join the Board, chair the Finance sub-committee and guide the Board on financial matters, governance, risk management etc.
Basic book keeping, using Xero, is undertaken by an administrator. The Treasurer will prepare management accounts and supervise the administrator. Xero is a powerful, cloud-based system, easy to learn and use.
- Minimum time commitment is expected to be around 2 days per month, spread over the month, which can largely be undertaken remotely.
- The Treasurer will be required to attend occasional meetings in the Kings Cross office, plus Board meetings 6-7 evenings a year.
To find out more about the role, please contact Nigel Franklin, Chief Executive, for a brief chat on 0207 239 4954 and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected candidates will be asked to attend a meeting with Nigel and the Chairman Tim O’Brien.
Early applications are encouraged.
For a small charity, A4D has a high profile:
- A4D’s landmark Social Prescribing for Dementia conference at the Wellcome Collection in May attracted eaders from the NHS, Social Care, Academia, Dementia agencies and the arts. Sold out five weeks in advance, it was widely praised. http://bit.ly/A4DSPLaunch
- You can see some of our work here: http://bit.ly/A4DImpact2019
- A4D featured in CNN Vital signs broadcast worldwide in November 2019: http://bit/ly/A4DCNN (from 00:45)
- Our next workshop programme for people living with early-stage dementia and their companions is in partnership with the Science Museum and celebrates the opening of the new Medicine Galleries.