Welcome to the new A4D website!
Welcome to the new A4D website
launched on World Alzheimer’s Day!
The new site is designed to make it easy:
- Easy for families to find arts opportunities nearby, on a map and list
- Easy for arts organisations to post, edit and repeat events
- Easy for you to tell us about arts events for dementia in the community
The site will include dementia-friendly arts and heritage venues as these are added over the next few months.
What’s on the website:
- Dementia-friendly venues
- Resources & evidence:
– A4D reports: Reawakening Integrated: Arts & Heritage, Music Reawakening and Reawakening the Mind
– Useful links: Age-related organisations – Dementia-related organisations
Arts in Dementia Care:
General – Visual Arts – Dance – Music – Literature and spoken word
General health – Alzheimer’s-specific care – Mental health
Mobility and assistance
– Further Resources:
Becoming a Dementia-Friendly Arts Venue – Bisakha Sarker’s Dancing Moments –
Memory Aids – Books – Studies
– and How the Arts can Help
- About Us
Using the website:
- Finding events and dementia-friendly arts and heritage venues
- Posting events and venues
- Powerpoint – How to post events and dementia-friendly sites
Please note that existing users will, for the moment, have to create new profiles to post events. Existing profiles will be transferred over at a later date.
We welcome your comments and suggestions to email@example.com